Intacept Security have a vacancy for the position of Operations Supervisor working from our Head Office based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your details to Dennis Cross, Operations Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or letter to Intacept Security, Security House, Vicarage Farm Road, Peterborough, PE1 5TP as to why you would like to be considered for this position along with any relevant experience.
Area/Site: Intacept Security, Peterborough
Hours: Rotating shift pattern 3 Days, 3 Nights, 3 Rest
(0600 – 1800 hours , 1800 – 0600 hours)
Rate of pay: £9.75 per hour
Intacept Security have an opportunity for an experienced, confident and dynamic Operations Supervisor to join our existing operational management team based in Peterborough. This post requires a candidate with strong leadership, communication and knowledgeable in all of the areas that apply to the Manned Security Industry.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with excellent customer service and organisational skills, combined with a flexible approach to working and be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
The role will be to supervise existing operational staff and assist with the day to day management of the Operations Department, via the Communications Centre. Working a shift pattern to cover Days and Nights.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Planning manpower provision within the Communication Centre
- Ensure all incidents are logged, investigated and managed effectively through to completion
- Effectively communicate business issues to the relevant management team
- Maintain and comply with the relevant Standards, Procedures and SIA requirements
- Ensure Company and client Procedures are carried out and make suggestions for improvement where necessary
- Provide continued training and coaching to all of the security staff
- Ensure that all security staff are supervised
- Conduct and monitor reviews/assessments of Security Officers in line with company policy and encourage further development.
- Ensure that all contractual requirements are properly fulfilled
- Carry out security surveys and complete risk assessments
- Abide with Health & Safety regulations
- Provide a professional security presence
- Act as a deterrent to protect customers, property and staff
- Access / egress control
- Conduct external patrols to ensure perimeter of premises are secure
- Follow emergency procedures and liaise with emergency services as required
- Completion of reports and paperwork accurately and in accordance with Assignment Instructions
- Answer telephone
- Supervisory / Management Leadership experience
- Experience in managing security contracts
- Understanding and working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and reporting processes
- Experience in computer based rostering program (Logosoft would be an advantage)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages.
Requirements for the role:
- Valid SIA Licence – covering Manned Guarding
- Full, valid UK Driving Licence
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Be computer literate
- Organised with the ability to work on own initiative
- Work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and at short notice